Sunday, November 4

burlap dreams...


Finally got a quilt and wall hanging done and I’m back to stamping!
For this card I actually had to shop as I had no twine or burlap.
At Tuesday Morning I found DIY Craft Burlap ribbon for $1.49 and grabbed it.
The base card is white linen card stock with a layer of kraft card stock.
In the upper left hand corner i stamped the verse from Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Antics” with StazOn timber brown ink.
On another icee of white linen card stock I stamped the Newton and the zzz... from Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Naptime” with the StazOn ink.
The fish skeleton was from Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Antics” and stamped with. The StazOn ink.
That’s why he’s so happily napping after his meal!
Next I trimmed out the pillows below Newton with a craft knife and self healing mat before coloring Newton with Prisma pencils.
To finish I used 1/8” Scor-Tape to attached the burlap ribbon behind the opening and then using the same tape attached it to the card front.



3 comments:

  1. Fun idea to make your blankets out of burlap! Super fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the challenge.
    Thanks for linking up to the Inky Paws Challenge.
    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you clever girl!! Love how you used the burlap. It looks as though Newton is sleeping on an ottoman. Thanks for joining us at Inky Paws.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!