Sunday, October 14

baby shark Halloween...

and 

For those of you who are not familiar with Super Simple Songs, they are a YouTube children’s video challenge that my granddaughter and I watch together.
They recently came out with “baby shark” with a Halloween theme and I knew I had an MFT set I could use so here it is!
The base card is white card stock.
The main piece is blue card stock that I scored to match the sketch.
Using MFT Mix-ables “Make Waves” stencil and Distress blueprint sketch ink I sponged the waves in each block.
Using MFT Stamps cactus September freebie set I stamped the small cactus onto white card stock with Distress inks.
The eyes were punched out using smal flower punches by EK Success, trimmed down and shaded with a sponge and Distress pumice stone ink.
The “coral” was inched from orange and purple card stock using Martha Sewart’s fern punch, then shaded as the eyes and pumpkins.
The verse from MFT Stamps “Spooky Sweets” was stamped with Distress wilted violet ink and shaded as before, then attached to the card front.
The shark from MFT Stamps “Beach Buds” was stamped with light grey ink and colored with Prisma pencil.
I placed this on a light box and drew the “ghost” costume on a piece of white card stock over it.
After trimming the ghost and shark out and gluing them together I punched out the grey and black for the eyes and hauled them to the “sheet”.
To finish I shaded the ghost and attached him to the card front.

To see the video click on the link below...



2 comments:

  1. OMG this is tooooooooooo cute!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Fall is in the Air’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!