Sunday, September 2

winged blessing...


As this September begins I am finding a multitude of maonarch butterflies in my area.
This card is to honor them.
I do not have a monarch stamp but I did have Stampin’ Up’sw “Swallowtail”.
On a piece of kraft card stock I stamped the butterfly with StazOn timber brown ink.
Now to change this swallowtail into a monarch.
I looked up what the coloring of a monarch is and started with my black Prisma pencil and drew in nw lines.
Next came the yellows, oranges and white of the monarch.
After finishing the coloring I stamped the “So Blessed” From Just Rite’s “Warm and Cozy Medallion Labels” with StazOn jet black ink.
This piece I trimmed down to remove the “tails” of the swallowtail and layered it onto black card stock and then a kraft card stock base card.

3 comments:

  1. It's a really creation and stunning Butterfly, perfect for our 'Things with Wings' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring of your SU stamp. I wonder where my stamp is. teehee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!