Monday, September 3

when you don’t have the words...


and

For this card I just didn’t have the word stamps.
Everything I put with it was too large or too long or not in the theme.
The base card is white linen card stock.
The main piece is water color paper.
Using my Tim Holtz stamping platform I placed the apple tree (unknown company) on the platform and slowly colored it with Distress markers...
Candied Apple
Vintage Photo
Brushed Corduroy
Forest Moss
To water color I used my cup of water and a #2 Royal & Langnickel brush.
Once it was thoroughly dry I attached it to the base card.

This is my favorite tree stamp as I have five apple trees in my yard and I love the old Celtic hymn :




7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this apple tree. You've stamped it just beautifully!! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy for our challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a gorgeous image and beautifully coloured! So glad you played in the CAS Watercolour Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your tree image and so beautifully colored too! And personally I like leaving the sentiments off some of my cards...either they really don't need it (like yours) or I don't know what occasion I'll be using it for, so leaving it blank is the best option at the time. GORGEOUS card and thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous apple tree! Your coloring is perfect! It doesn't need words as it stands beautifully by itself! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is stunning and doesn't need words... Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Watercolour challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card, I love how the tree turned out great job.
    Thanks for sharing with us over at the Cards In Envy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your gorgeous fall tree!!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!