Sunday, September 9

life on the prairie...


Some of the most enjoyable reading I have done as an adult is children’s books.
Though my favorite from childhood is “The Secret Garden” by Frances Hodgson Burnett, I have found books about life on the American prairie to be as interesting as a garden in England.
Authors like Patricia MacLachlan and Laura Ingalls Wilder are a great place to start but I have found a new book, that I based this card on, by Jennifer Armstrong called “Black-eyed Susan”.
The base card is kraft card stock and I printed out he of the Power Poppy verses for the fron on the same card stock.
The flowers are ...
Printed on white linen card stock.
The coloring was done with Faber Castell Polychromos. 
As a former library worker and reader I suggest you check out your local library for lots of inspiration.
(Including books on card making, coloring, drawing, color composition, etc.)

2 comments:

  1. How lovely! Your Black Eyed Susans look wonderful and how clever that you tied your card in to a book you have recently discovered! I am so glad you could play along with us this month at Power Poppy! :) ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great card ... and I just finished that book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!