Thursday, September 27

leafy fall...


When trying something new it doesn’t help when you break the tool you need to accomplish it!
I wanted to try playing with the Concord & 9th “Thankful Leaves Turnabout Stamp Set” but they use the MISTI and I dropped my MISTI a few weeks ago and it landed on the corner of it and smashed the entire corner.
Lucky for me I had purchased the Tim Holtz platform before they are not allowed to be sold in the USA any more.
It worked!
Using a piece of white card stock cut in a square and the directions for using the “turnabout” stamp I used Distress inks to make a stamped piece.
I trimmed the piece to fit on the front of a card and trimmed out the three “extra” leaves.
Next I sponged the inks on the main piece as well as the extra leaves.
Using the same set I stamped the blotches and the verse from the set with Distress ink and glued the extra leaves to the front.
To finish I applied the main piece to a brown textured base card.


1 comment:

  1. Love the fall colors you've used on the card. Great design and textures. Thanks for joining in the Feels Like Fall challenge at Cards In Envy. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!