Thursday, September 27

alcohol and a straw...


No folks it is not what you are thinking...it’s alcohol INKS!
The background I made for this challenge was done on glossy card stock with Tim Holtz alcohol inks and a straw to push them around.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of burgundy and green, then the background.
The verse is a digital image from “A Christmas Hello” by Graciellie printed onto white linen card stock.
The poinsettia is from the same set and printed onto white card stock and colored with Prisma pencils, Gamsol and artist stumps, then covered with Ranger “glossy accents”.
I trimmed it out and after applying the verse piece I glued ferns punched from the green card stock using a Martha Stewart punch.
I finished by applying the completely dried poinsettia with glue dots and applying Nuvo bottle green crystal drops to the center.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, loving the results with the alchol inks, I must get mine out of the dusty cupboard to work them aagain. You have inspired me. A fabulous card. So pleased you shared with us at Back to Basics and Beyond, Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!