Sunday, September 2

krafty hello...


On a recent blog hop I saw an idea for using a triangular die to make a “lip” for your card to fold into.
I didn’t have that exact die but thought I could use one I did.
I started with a white linen base card cut 4-1/2” x 11”.
On a short end I applied one of Concord & Ninth’s “Select-A-Size Edge” die and taped it on.
SInce it covered the whole edge and I didn’t want to cut the whole edge I pulled out my Tim Holtz “Embossing Diffusers”.
I chose the oval one and laid the card over that to die cut.
That is how it turned out.
Next I folded the card so it slipped into the lip and trimmed it down to measure 5-1/2” x 4-1/4”.
Using a small corner rounder I rounded two corners.
Now to the decorations...The front piece of kraft embossed card stock is from a DCWV stack called “Kraft With Foil”.
I flipped the excess I trimmed from that piece and using two of the Concord & Ninth dies I cut out a border.
Using more of the excess I flipped it and cut a rectangle with MFT Die-namics “Pierced Rectangle STAX” and applied it to the front of the card.
To finish I used another piece of white linen card stock to die cut MFT Die-namics “Hello” and glued it to the front.



1 comment:

  1. A great card. Thank for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!