Sunday, July 22

rainbows and lighthouses...


The story is sweet behind the inspiration for this card.
My daughter-in-law took my granddaughter to her first “Pride” parade yesterday, unfortunately my son had to work delivering mail.
The day before we had taken her to visit a historic lighthouse in our city.
When my DIL asked what is the parade for. 
She said families. 
DIL asked her what makes a family.
She said LOVE!
This card will be for my granddaughter’s mailbox at Grandma’s tomorrow.
The card is white linen card stock stamped with MFT extreme black hybrid ink using Avery Elle’s “Shine Bright” lighthouse.
The coloring was done with Arteza watercolor pencils and a watercolor brush.
On black card stock I stamped the verse from Our Daily Bread Designs “Sending my Love” with Versamark ink and embossing with white embossing powder.



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Beautiful story. I think we need some rainbow lighthouses in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, colorful simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a grand though to create a rainbow striped lighthouse. How lovely and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic rainbow lighthouse and a heartvwarming story! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colourful lighthouse is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card and I love how you incorporated the rainbow colors into the main image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty take on our rainbow challenge! Love your simplified colouring and a beam of light. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
    Click through to know today how to make a Faux Belly Band Card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a sweet story and great inspiration for your card - love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!