Friday, September 16

As I listen to these songs...

From this album...

 I realize what a wonderful gift we can give our surviving family by spending as much time with them as life allows.
I know this isn't easy with very hectic schedules but to have "Precious Memories" is all, for those who you won't see again until that day when we meet in heaven.

This lead me to make the card for the Color Throwdown Challenge...

The base card is white card stock with a hint of Distress Ink "weathered wood" sponged around the outside edge.
I layered with textured peach and aqua cardstock.
The main image is Penny Black's "terraced lane" which I stamped with Staz-On grey.
Once it dried I used Distress inks "weathered wood", "peacock feathers" and "abandoned coral" to sponge in color.
It was a bit too strong so once those colors were dry I sponged over with Colorbox white.
When it was done I knew it needed to say what I was feeling, and Taylored Expressions had the perfect little stamp from their "Let's Talk Sentiments" set.
I stamped it using Distress ink "weathered wood" on white card stock and punched it out with a Stampin' Up oval punch.
Adding a little aqua around the edge just finished it before I foam taped it to the card.

I am a true believer that we shall all go together to the one special place that God provides.
We may not all go together but we shall be there to welcome our future generations.
Bless you all on this day.
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tranquil scene you created! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!