Thursday, September 13

Retire...







I have been waiting for a long time to be able to post these four cards, but I had to wait until the people I made them for actually received them! Everyone is retired or moved on from our library so now I post.
The above card was such fun, for a special lady at our library that I spend quilting time with. I had to make all these cards large enough for other people at the library to sign. This card is an 8.5" x 11" card stock, folded in half, base card. There are layers and some are corner punched. The main piece is stamped with the Inkadinkado weeds and butterfly from their Meadow set. I stippled the same color all around the main piece.

This card was for a wonderful person who was head of our children's department. She moved on to a library director position in a nearby town. This was an easy card because this girl likes simple, clean lines. The stamp is from a TPC Studio set called Floral Collage. I used a Kaldeidacolor pad to match the card stock. I stamped it on linen card stock that gives that lovely background look.
 
 This card was for a sweet lady who had worked for the library in many capacities for many years! She finally decided Maine was calling and retired. I stamped the tulips from Stampin' Up Watercolor Garden using a Versamark pad on white card stock. Using chalks and cotton balls I applied the chalks to the Versamark ink . I also applied chalks to the card stock, then sprayed with a fixative. I cut them out using a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten. I had some great topaz gem stickers to place on the card. Layered and corner rounded at the bottom...all done.
 
This card was for a terrific lady, our assistant director. This lady is a red and tan, tailored person so I found a new technique to try. I had done Batik before, http://www.thirdcoastrs.com/batik_class.htm \ , but found a great way to get two for one. Instead of stamping on to mulberry paper and ironing with news print, I used white card stock and then ironed with white card stock. This gave me two images to work with. Such fun using the Hero Arts Silhouette Grass for a larger card!

I can hardly wait to retire so I can  have time to do more cards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!