Sunday, June 23

thanks…


So I sat for about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get the frame look with the mitered corners using card stock…decided I couldn’t.
Then I got a brain storm…washi tape!
On cream colored card stock I applied washi tape down two edges, where they met I used a straight edges and a craft knife to make the mitered edge then pulled off the excess tape.
I did this for all four corners and then had my “frame”.
I used another piece of the washi tape for the stripe, trimming it butted up against tghe other washi tape.
On more cream card stock I made the leaf with a large leaf stamp, unknown company, and I applied Distress ink then spritzed it before stamping.
Once dry I cut it out and foam taped it to the card front.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from Verve Stamps “Tall Oaks” sent on more cream card stock and die cut it out with a funky die, unknown company, before applying it to the card front.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful framing, and a striking card - with great use of the inspiration sketch.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your washi tape idea is a great one! I struggled with this frame too! Your final result is fabulous, I love fall colors any time of the year! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful fall card, Arlene! The washi tape is gorgeous. What a terrific way to create the mitered frame! The large leaf is so bold and striking. Thank you for playing in my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That washi tape frame is a real scene-stealer Arlene - and such a great idea too! The colours are so rich, perfect for your autumn leaf too. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/26/2024

    This a great card. And a super idea to use washi tape. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking at your card ...it takes me right into Fall with those warm tones in the Washi Tape , Arlene. Lovely card and a great way to create the Frame. Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Players. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!