Friday, April 12

calm…


If you have been following my blog you will notice the “snow” in the last couple of cards and I just wanted to share my great find.
In the Hobby Lobby clearance section I found “Loddie Doddie Chalk Markers” for 49¢ and picked one up to try it.
I LOVE IT FOR SNOW!
I went back and grabbed the other one in my local store.
The base card is brown card stock with a layer of blue card stock tapped with the chalk pen.
From white card stock I die cut the circle using a die from Tim Holtz “Stacked Tiles, Circles”.
From black card stock I die cut the houses with Tim Holtz BIGZ “Artful Dwellings”.
The sentiment from Tim Holtz “Great Outdoors” I stamped onto white card stock and die cut it with a die from MFT Stamps “St Oval Word Window”.


7 comments:

  1. Wow - great use of the colours and a dramatic card Arlene - and what a great find the chalk pen is!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of the chalk pen, do not have one... have to check it out. I'll usually us the gel pen but I like the chalk because it appears less glossy. Such a CAS and pretty card. I have updated the post at Color Dare with the link so don't forget to enter your card... sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for creating a pretty card for our Color Dare challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/13/2024

    I like the font that you used and all those little twinkly stars! Thank you for playing along with Color Dare! -Heidi M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card truly is calming. I love the blue as your one color. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dramatic & calm at the same time...is that possible? Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever design. Will have to look for a chalk pen next time I'm at HL. Thank you for sharing at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bold, impactful CAS design! I am going to look for that chalk pen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!