Thursday, April 28

flipping the sketch…


As you can see I didn’t use the sketch as presented!
But I had a LONG sentiment that just had to go on the card this way.
The base card is pink card stock with a layer of black card stock.
On that I applied a strip of watercolor paper that I had covered with Distress stain kitch flamingo and tattered rose.
On more of that paper I stamped the images from MFT Stamps “Circle Scribble Flowers”.
On another piece of watercolor paper sprayed with Distress stain crushed olive and peeled paint I stamped the leaves from the same set.
The die cutting of the images done with the coordinating dies.
These I applied to the card front with foam squares and glue.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Aim for the Clouds” set.
All stamping done with Versafine onyx black ink.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card you've created using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! I like how you've turned it on its side, and the saying is so appropriate! EVERY day is a good one to be happy, and your card makes me happy!! Thank you so much for sharing it and your creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have used the sketch Arlene, and a stunning card as a result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your card is lovely, I really like how you’ve turned things a bit but kept all the elements of the card sketch. I really like the pink with the black strip, it really makes the flowers pop! Thanks for joining us at TSOT, hope to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those florals are stunning! I love the rotated sketch and it's an elegant card. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! Great idea to turn the sketch as well. Thank you for joining Challenge 553 at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arlene, congratulations!!! Your card has been chosen as one of the "Top 3" for Try Stampin' on Tuesday's Challenge #553! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!