Friday, January 28

wishing…


Since my Mom and Dad met in the fifties I thought her favorite bug would be perfect for this card.
The card is white linen card stock.
I stenciled the dragonflies from Stamplorations “Dragonfly Waltz” using Distress kitsch flamingo, tumbled glass and bundled sage ink.
I also used mint tape to apply the lines of color.
The stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs “Wishing Words” from 2016 was stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink and it will have more words inside of “you the best!” from the same set.



5 comments:

  1. I love your angled design and the stenciling using the colours is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet - love your stencil and soft colors - perfect for our challenge! Loved hearing about your inspiration, too! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stenciled dragonflies are so pretty. The sentiment is a nice contrast. Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used dragonflies! I love them and then to tie it back to your folks in the 50s, I love that tidbit! Beautifully done! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delicate colours in your stencilling Arlene!!- so beautiful, and perfectly contrasted with the bold stamping
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!