Tuesday, January 11

easy monochrome…


The easiest way for me to do monochrome, other than shades of grey, is with a Recollections one color paper pack like this…

You don’t ned to use them all, I didn’t!
The base card and main piece are a lighter pink.
I used a layer of darker pink in between and darkened it a bit more with Distress ink picked raspberry.
I die cut the sentiment using a die from Sizzix Tim Holtz “Friendship Words:Script”, darker pink card stock and then inking it a bit.
The leaves, die cut with dies from Elizabeth Crafts “Florals 2” from dark pink card stock and shaded with the ink.
The flowers cut with more dies from the set and lighter pink card stock, also shaded with the ink.
To finish I inked some pink card stock and with my 1/8” circle pinch I cut enough holes to apply three per flower center.




2 comments:

  1. simple and very effective use of the card Arlene and a gorgeous card as a result
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card this is. Love the dimension and colour fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!