Friday, August 20

for the granddaughter…

and

When we picked up the granddaughter yesterday she showed us the sunflower that she had started growing in school and it’s about 5 feet now!
That inspired me to make this card.
The base card is yellow card stock.
Using a die from Lawn Fawn’s “Large Slimline Sliders” I cut green card stock and layered that on.
With another die from the set I cut two smaller rectangles one in white card stock and one in green.
Another die from Lawn Fawn’s “Simple Stitched Hillside Borders” cut the green rectangle into a hill.
On white card stock I stamped the bunny from Lawn Fawn’s “Upon a Star” using Memento tuxedo black ink and colored it with Copic markers before cutting it out.
On the same white card stock i stamped the flower from Lawn Fawn’s “Fairy Friends” with the same ink and colored with the Copic markers before also trimming that out.
I cut a strip of the white card stock and corner rounded the end then brushed the Distress Ink prize ribbon to make them look like sky.
On the top of the strip I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn’s “push Here” set with the black ink.
With another die from the “sliders” set I cut the channel for the flower to rise.
On that piece I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn’s “Better Days” and colored it with Copic marker.
From another piece of green card stock i cut a small rectangle.
I applied te rectangle at the bottom of the main panel at the slider, next I applied the “hill” and then the bunny.
I placed foam tape on the back of the main panel to allow it to slide then foam taped the flowers with leaves, made by stamping on the green card stock using a stamp from Lawn Fawn’s “I Love You S’More”, to the strip through the slider.
Next I removed the backing from all the foam tape and adhered the main panel to the card front.



Here’s how it slides…








3 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card Arlene - this is so sweet
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful concept and design! The sky background looks lovely too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!