Sunday, June 20

comparing inks…

 
This is the card that started the whole thing!
I saw this card on the Hero Arts site and fell in love with this set.
Turns out it was a kit from My Monthly Hero September 2020.
You guessed it I ordered right away.
It came yesterday and while hubby enjoyed his Father’s Day I started stamping.

This is my first using Distress Oxides hickory smoke, rusty hinge and spiced marmalade.
The black is Memento tuxedo black ink.
The clouds did not come with the set so I just made my sky with brushing the color. 

This was the next card and I used Adirondack inks terra cotta, slate, rust and pitch black.
I changed the sentiment (which also comes with the kist) so I could remember which inks I used.
(On this card I also added more stamping)

For this card I used Gina K. Designs inks sweet mango, tomato soup and slate then her amalgam for the black.

Finally I used Distress inks in hickory smoke, rusty hinge and spiced marmalade then Memento tuxedo black for the black. 

At this point I ran out of different inks.
Hero Arts sends inks with this kit but I will honestly say I couldn’t used them for this comparison as they are grape slush, creamsicle, lemon drop, cup o’ joe and moss.
Not exactly the greys and rusts I was wanting to compare.

No challenge entry on this card as I tried to copy the one by the artist exactly…just loved it!


1 comment:

  1. What a great experiment with inks, and an amazing variation of results, Arlene
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!