Tuesday, February 2

everthing old is new again...


Recently I saw tat Ranger had released a foam stamping block that looked vaguely familiar???
SO I searched through my supplies and sure enough I still had one that was blue but worked the same as their new grey one.
I looked up ideas for it and found the following video...
It was wonderful to see all the “new” ways to use something that I had in my supplies from a LONG time ago.
But befre playing with it I also found another supply that I never use anymore, Ranger Cut n’ Dry Stamp Pad Foam, and the back of this looked like the grey “new” stamping foam, though thinner.
I pulled the white foam off the pad, sanded it clean and tried it...IT WORKED!
I applied a rectangle of it to a clear acrylic block I had with Scotch poster tape and it gave me a nice firm surface.
I used all the supplies that Ms. McGuire did, stencils, stamps, embossing folders, and they worked.
That’s when I got the idea to use my Sizzix BIGZ dies to cut the foam...once again it worked!
So here is my explanation of what I did for this card...
The base card is white and black card stocks layered.
Using the Stampin’ Up Top Note die I cut a piece of the Cut n’ Dry pad and used it as my stamp.
This I heated about 15 seconds and pressed it into my Crafter’s Companion “Country Garden’ 3D embossing folder.
Next I loaded it with Distress Oxide worn lipstick ink and stamped it to white card stock.
This I trimmed with scissors and applied to the card front.
With a strip of white card stock I stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “All About You:” with Memento tuxedo back ink and cut with with the “Top Note” die before taping it to the card front.
To finish I die cut black card stock with MFT Die-namics “All About You” coordinating die and glued it to the card front.

There will be more cards in the future made with this technique as I went crazy making things!

4 comments:

  1. Love love love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello A. Rose, I love your birthday card. I love the sentiment and the big "you". The stenciled background is fun and the color combo pink-black works perfectly. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at AAA Birthday for the challenge "large sentiment". Valérie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking use of colour Arlene! And the huge you has such impact. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background looks gorgeous and I love your color combo! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!