Thursday, October 15

dry leaves before the hurricane fly...

 


My idea of clean and simple is to have as few stamping as possible on the card front.
On a cream card stock card I stamped the meat from Stampin’ Up’s “Autumn” using StazOn timber brown ink.
On a long post-it note I stamped it again and carefully trimmed out the leaf.

This gave me two masks to make the card.
I wanted the leaf to look dry so I sponged it with Distress Oxide antique linen while having the outside mask on.
I removed that mask and applied the leaf mask and sponged Distress Oxide rusty hinge around the edge of the leaf.
To finish the card I stamped the sentiment, unknown company, using the StazOn ink.

3 comments:

  1. An exquisite card Arlene - perfectly CAS
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a creative way to make the way leaf look dry. I love the lighter glow around the leaf and the final blending-superb and so good to see you at CASology x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the sponging around the skeleton leaf - gives a great "glow" effect! Thank you for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!