Saturday, June 6

Christmas Card Throwdown...June Sketch


You will notice that I usually don’t follow the sketch image exactly, I’m such a rebel.
However with the background pieces I used for this challenge I felt I needed to do it as simply as the sketch allowed.
The base card is gold card stock with a layer of red card stock.
The background piece is glossy card stock that I used Tim Holtz alcohol ink to create the marbled effect.
The colors I used were :
Crimson
Mixative Gold
Pesto
These I taped to the card front then pulled out my Tim Holtz “Paper Snowflakes, Mini” die set and cut three snowflakes from gold metallic paper and glued them on according to the sketch.

What will you do with the sketch? 
Please join us and bring a friend!

5 comments:

  1. Arlene this is beautiful - glad you let the AI's show their beauty by keeping the card simple with just the snowflakes as adornment.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Rebel...(lol) I can't believe you made the background! it was so perfect I though you had used scrap pattern paper! what an awesome job. it fit well with your snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've managed it really well with the rectangles, Arlene! - I couldn't convince myself to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlene Rose: Your card is vibrant! It will certainly chase away any cloudy wintry skies come this December, that's for sure! That's wonderful that you made your own patterned papers for the 2 large rectangle sections! Fantastic interpretation of the challenge! Oh, and I love those gold snowflakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. quel jolie mariage Arlene, ce rose fuchsia et les flocons scintillant, magnifique, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!