Tuesday, January 14

“icy” tea...


One of my new sets for Christmas was Paper Smooches “Caffeinated” so I decided to play with it for this challenge.
The base card is black card stock with a piece of patterned paper.
The main piece is white card stock with the cold cup from the set stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink.
Using a sentiment from Paper Smooches”Caffeinated 2” I stamped that next to the cup.
I decided to paper piece the coloring but couldn't come up with the color for the tea.
Into the craft room walks hubby and says. “Go make a cup of iced tea!”.
I did and found it had a reddish cast to it...I use Typhoo tea.
On the patterned paper I stamped the straw part and one of the little guys from the set.
The straw I trimmed out and glued to the card.
Next I took the reddish brown card sock and stamped the cold cup with the same ink.
To draw in the “ice” I took my Lawn Fawn “Reveal Wheel Square Window” die and drew around the inside with a ultra fine Sharpie black marker.
USing a ruler I drew the horizon line on the main piece and continued the straw into the cup.
To finish I glued the cup pieces and then added the “critter” with a foam square.



2 comments:

  1. A fun card with that wonderful pun Arlene, and so beautifully executed
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun clean and simple card! Well done! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches Anything Cold Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!