Sunday, November 10

The Sewing Machine


A while ago someone mentioned a book for me to read so I looked on my library’s site and found “The Sewing Machine” by Natalie Fergie.
Though it is a work of fiction it really rang true.
Since I collect antique sewing machines, since my Grandmother’s was given away, I felt a kinship to this book.
The base card is cream card stock with Distress Oxide walnut stain sponged around the edge.
The next layer is turquoise textured card stock also sponged with the walnut stain.
Using a piece of cream card stock I ran it through the BigShot with a Sizzix Tim Holtz pattern embossing folder then sponged it with Distress Oxides vintage photo and walnut stain.
On another piece of cream card stock I stamped the sewing machine (unknown company) and sentiment (unknown company) with Distress Archival ground espresso ink.
After trimming out the sentiment and cutting out the sewing machine with a craft knife I sponged them both with the Distress Oxides used before.
The machine was applied with glue dots and the sentiment with foam squares.


4 comments:

  1. Love this Arlene, a wonderful card. Your inking is stunning - my mother had a similar machine and she used it to cloth the family and a lot of other sewing for church fairs etc..
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being Marina's visiting librarian, Arlene! Love your card and your choice of title too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - that is a great sewing machine stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last I've found you! I was out most of yesterday, and just got home from work today and couldn't find your blog post. I'll now amend the link on the challenge blog. This card is so fabulous - I love the texture and the vintage colours. I love reading what the book means to you, especially due to your collection. Thank you for being the Visiting Librarian at The Library.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!