Monday, October 21

Halloween...

and

Yesterday morning while sitting with my morning cup of coffee I found another great Jennifer McGuire video...
It thrilled me as I have a bunch of Tim Holtz Distress Glitter that I bought on clearance.
My first admission is that they are not the super fine glitters, I didn’t have the double back tape that she used and I don’t have her bone folder...yet!
However I still wanted to give it a try so I used Neenah solar white 80# card stock, GRAFIX Double Tack Mounting film and the Distress glitters with my regular old bone folder.
As you can see by the example it didn’t give as clean and neat an image...but it did work.
The base card is black card stock.
The glittered area is done with Newton’s Nook “Flying Bats Stencil” and Distress glitters black soot and spiced marmalade.
The sentiment from Newton’s Nook “Newton’s Perfect Pumpkin” was stamped onto black card stock with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
To finish I trimmed it to a triangle and taped it to the front with heavy duty double backed tape.

5 comments:

  1. I think you did a brilliant job!! Bravo!! Love your card!! Thanks for joining us at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning Halloween card! The sparkle from the glitter stenciling looks amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeek! This is a fabulous card! Love how simple, yet so very clever! So glad you shared this sweet card with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome use of the bat stencil.
    Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge
    Hugs
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/02/2019

    What an awesome use of the bat stencil.
    Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge
    Hugs
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!