Tuesday, July 17

the wonder...


When I do challenges I try and make cards that I will use for holidays, celebrations, card ministry, etc.
This card may be a little harder to spot the challenge requirement...but they are there!
The base card is white card stock.
The main piece is water color paper that I embossed the Penny Black “Winter Ledge” stamp with Versmark and clear embossing powder.
Using any water color palette, I actually combine my cheaper ones for the colors I want, I washed with blues and grey for a wintry sky.
Next I sprinkled it with coarse salt to remove some of the color and make it appear snowy.
Once it was thoroughly dry I stamped the verse from Penny Black’s “the wonder” using StazOn midnight blue ink.





3 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, I know the birdies are there on that stamp as it's in my stash and such great resist stamping and lovely misty feel to the background. Many thanks for joining in with our 'Things with Eings' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that stamp does have the little birds on the branches! Love that background - very effective. Thanks for joining us this month at Penny Black and More Challenges xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and just perfect for the challenge too.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Things with wings' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!