Tuesday, April 3

just a smile...


MFT Color Challenge 90
and
Cards In Envy Challenge...Get Negative

What a simple and different card to make.
The base card is white linen card stock.
To make the “negative” I took white linen card stock and cut a rectangle with an MFT Die-namics “Pierced Recyangle STAX” die, then using the MFT Die-namics “Smile” die I cut the negative.
To apply the color for the challenge I took watercolor paper and colored with Derwent Inktense pencils to match the challenge colors and applied water with a brush.
Once it was dry I glued it to the back of the negative image, taped both to the base card and applied grey enamel Paper Studio dots.

4 comments:

  1. Love this! It makes me SMILE!! :) Love the beautiful watercolors that show up in the smile. Fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this big SMILE you have on this card. I need bigger words for my cards :). Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may call your card simple, but it's anything but simple. I love the watercolor background for the opening of the die. Great colors that will be perfect for any gender or age. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the colours you choose to use for this card. Thank you for joining us over at Cards in Envy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!