Wednesday, March 14

one smart cookie...

In this case it is a friend who needs to retire and finally filled out the paper work!
Lawnfawnatics Challenge #24...fun with dies


The base card is white card stock.
Using two sheets of Lawn Fawn patterned paper I cut two 4"x 5.25" pieces and took one over to the BigKick to cut the "lane" for the cookie to run down with one of the dies from Lawn Fawn "Simple Stitched Hillside Borders".
I moved the die down the width of the cut and die cut again.
Now where the stitches were I trimmed it out with scissors to allow easy flow.
Next step was to foam tape the separate pieces to the other piece keeping the foam tape away from the die cut edges, again to allow flow.
I stamped 9 cookies from the Lawn Fawn "Smart Cookies" set using kraft card stock and Adirondack espresso ink.
Once I trimmed them out with scissors I ran my Distress espresso marker around the outside edge of each cookie.
Gluing 7 cookies at the card bottom stops the main cookie from sliding off the card.
Next I used glue dots to attach a circular slider element to the center of each cookie and slide it down the top of the die cut area.
To stop the cookie from sliding out at the top I die cut a plum card stock pot using Lawn Fawn's dies that coordinate with "Stuck on you" stamp set and glued that to the top.
On white card stock I stamped the words from Lawn Fawn's "Smart Cookie" set with Adirondack eggplant ink.
Once that was trimmed out and glued to the card front I taped the whole thing to the base card.
He's how it looks...


and


1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!