Tuesday, February 13

Winter thanks...

and
.

I went to breakfast with a friend and she gave me a lovely gift from her trip to Germany to visit her Mom.
So of course I HAD to make a thank you note.
The base card is white linen card stock.
The next layer is also white linen card stock, after all this is a Winter challenge.
Using MFT Die-namics "Big Thanks" die and "Inside & Out Stitched Square" I cut them into this piece and applied it to the front of the base card with glue dots to raise it up a bit.
The inner piece that looks like a snow mound was made by die cutting the square with MFT Die-namics "Stitched Snow Drifts" and gluing it into the square opening on the card.
To make the gnomes, MFT Stamps "You Gnome Me", look like the ones my friend had given me I inked them up with Marvy Matchable grey ink and stamped them off on scrap paper once before stamping the image on white linen card stock to color.
Then I colored them with Prisma pencils and took a little "license" with changing the images to look like the gnomes I was given.
(e.g. no ears, more beard, etc.)
Once they were colored I trimmed them out with a pair of scissors and glue dotted them to the front of the card.

P.S. I also am so thrilled to have finished 30 cards for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!