Sunday, January 7

Young at heart...

If you follow my blog you know that I send out monthly cards to shut-ins, nursing home patients, etc.
Th challenge for this posting is for kids but I have found that as we age we get more childlike so these cards reflect that philosophy.


These cards are made in multiples (24), so I will be listing the steps to make it easier to follow.

1. Cut 12"x12" stiff patterned paper (I used red snowflake paper), with a white side, into 8 (3"x6") cards.
2. Score each card at the 3" center to make a 3"x3" card.
3. Stamp the snowman with Adirondack pitch black ink inside the card.
4. Using a heart die (unknown company for mine) to die cut the heart on the opposite side from the snowman.
5. Color the snowman. I use Chameleon pens tangerine and cool grey 5.
 6. On a piece of white card stock stamped the verse, from Stampin' Up's "Good Greetings" leaving enough space in between to die cut them.
7. Die cut the verses using MFT Die-namics "stitched oval word window". (In this case the stitching won't show as you want the words)
8. Using another piece of stiff patterned paper (in this case I used grey snowflake paper) and cut 9 (4"x4") pieces.
9. Tape the folded card to the center of the background card.
Glue the verse piece to the car front slightly off the right side, making sure there is no glue on the piece that hangs over.

That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!