Wednesday, October 11
The sketch started me out by cutting white linen card stock for the base card.
To the base card I started stamping the row of pumpkins from Verve Stamps "Tall Oaks" set.
I say started because I had to stop and start on another base card because the Distress pumice stone (taupe) ink would not stick to the stamp...
Hint-use Versamark ink first then the Distress ink.
Once it filled the background of the card I cut a rectangle from black (black) textured card stock.
This was a thick card stock with a white center that left white around the edges...
Hint-use a black marker around the edge.
Next I stamped the single pumpkin from the Verve set using StazOn jet black ink to white linen card stock and colored it with Distress carved pumpkin marker (orange).
I cut this out and didn't like the white around the edge so I used the hint from the black card stock.
(Please note the color challenge colors are in parenthesis)
To continue I cut a strip of white linen card stock and sponged Distress carved pumpkin ink onto it.
To my disappointment it didn't match the pumpkin.
Hint-I found that adding Distress rusty hinge Ink gave it the same color.
I cut a small square of white linen card stock and applied the pumpkin row the same as for the front of the base card.
To finish I glued it all together as per the sketch.