Thursday, September 14
CASing a card...
The challenge for this challenge was to look through all the beautiful DT samples and find one you would like to remake.
This was my choice.
I loved the clean lines and yet the watercolor effect on the flowers and stems.
Though I don't have any CAS-ual Friday dies I thought I might be able to do something with one of the stamp sets I have by this company.
The base card is black card stock and I found in my stash a card stock with flecks of silver for the next layer.
The main piece is water color paper and I stamped the flower (CAS-ual Friday Stamps "truth is") to the front after coloring it with Distress markers.
Using the water color brush I pulled out the colors.
The verse (CAS-ual Stamps Friday "mon-ami") was stamped using StazOn jet black ink.
To finish the card I applied small and larger silver sequins with glue and finishing them by applying turquoise Stickles glue to the centers.