Wednesday, August 23

My brain functions so much better in the morning...


All night I was trying to figure out the colors and composition for this card.
Got up this morning and together it went!
The base card is white card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The verse is stamped with StazOn jet black ink from MFT "seaside seagulls".
The main piece is watercolor paper and since I am still thinking about Camp Create and the masking I stamped the gull and clouds from the same set using the same ink, then made masks for each of them.
The backgrounds were done with Distress inks blue print sketch for the sky and a combination of cracked pistachio and evergreen bough for the sea, after removing the mask of the gull.
I spritzed the sea with water and blotted with a paper towel.
Using the Distress ink abandoned coral and cracked pistachio I colored the gull.
To finish I taped it all together when it was thoroughly dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!