Monday, August 28

I have this friend who LOVES sunflowers...

..which made me think of the "Lazy Days of Summer" as the fields fill with sunflowers she comes home from work to her relaxing sun porch and the vase of sunflowers she has there!

The base card is water color paper.
The main piece is another piece of watercolor paper which I sponged first with Distress antique linen ink, then I sponged vintage photo around the edges.
Using my Misti I stamped the image using Stampendous' "daisy thanks" (okay, so it's not supposed to be a sunflower but I made it that way) and StazOn jet black ink.
Next came the coloring with Distress markers...
vintage photo
wild honey
fossilized amber
old paper
peeled paint
...before I stamped the verse from the same set with the StazOn.
To finish the card I spritzed some water on the main piece and blotted it off with a paper towel then glued the piece to the base card.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful and elegant. Great to see you joining the Make My Monday challenge. All the very best! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!