Tuesday, April 4
This may look familiar...
but I promise I tried a new technique and used a smaller version of the stamp.
It's April and time for me to try a new technique, like I said I would in January!
I tried this technique...
But I needed fantasy and flower cards so my fantasy sky became my flowers!
I started with watercolor paper and added water to it.
I pulled out my Artist's loft watercolor palette and applied pink, green and purple then dried it with my heat tool.
I went back in with a brush loaded with water and black watercolor.
I dried that thoroughly with my heat tool then loaded my wet brush with Daniel Smith Metallic Watercolor Palegold and tapped the brush on my finger over the piece to get the splotches, a very technical term, of gold on the piece.
Back to the heat tool and thoroughly dried the piece again.
I placed the piece in my Misti and using Versmark ink, gold embossing powder and Unity Stamp Company's "donna poppies" I embossed 3 poppies.
I trimmed 3(1/8") pieces from each side of the main piece then cut out, with scissors, the poppies.
I cut a piece of gold card stock for the base card and a piece of white linen card stock for the front.
Along the white linen I used the distressing tool by Memory Makers then carefully applied green chalk pencil.
I ran the edges of the 1/8" pieces on the Versamark pad and embossed them with gold embossing powder.
Next the pieces were all glued to the front of the card.
No, I didn't add a verse and that is going to be my new rule.
You don't always need a verse on the outside of the card!