Thursday, March 9

Vellum and Washi...


I wanted to try something different with my vellum and this sketch seemed to fit.
Starting with a black card stock base card I used my Fiskars paper trimmer and scored the front of the card vertically every 1/4".
On cream card stock I stamped the bird and the cage from Stampin' Up's "Aviary" set using StazOn jet black ink.
I trimmed it down and also trimmed a piece of beige vellum the same size.
To attach the two pieces I used bird cage washi tape, not sure of the company but I remember getting it at Hobby Lobby!

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! The vellum overlay really softens up the stamped image and that washi tape is so fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card! I love the velum and the washi you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!i

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!