Saturday, March 4

Tried to get the crunch in...


Who doesn't love these Tim Holtz dogs???
I was looking for a crunch factor and thought about watching my dog go at a bone and that did it!

The base card is taupe polka dot card stock with a layer of white linen card stock.
Next came a green polka dot card stock with the verse from Unity Stamp Company's "...bountiful owl" set stamped in StazOn jet black ink.
The dog and bone from Tim Holtz set "Crazy Dogs" were stamped on white linen card stock using the StazOn and colored with Prisma color pencils.
I trimmed them out and did a little extra trimming on the dog's mouth to allow me to glue the bone into his mouth.
I glued them onto the card front and it was done!

4 comments:

  1. I love how seamlessly your dog stands in front of the patterned paper - you've cut him out so perfectly . Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, YES! A dog and his bone, certainly lots of crunch sounds going on there! Love this fun card, great color combinations and fun sentiment! (I also love your library drawers in the background...I remember using those as a kid every time I went to the library!) Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love those Tim Holtz pooches and I love how you've put the bone in his mouth - I thought that was the actual image! So awesome! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doggy take on the cue card stole my heart!
    So glad you joined us at CASology ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!