Sunday, November 20

Vintage...


This challenge caught my eye because a friend had just given me some antique Christmas cards she had found at an estate sale.

 This was a great way to copy real vintage cards!

I started with cream color card stock for the top layer and stamped it with a Magenta stamps image using StazOn jet black ink.
Just under the image I stamped the verse from Stampendous "Joyful Phrases" using the same ink.
 I noted on the original cards that they just picked out certain areas for color.
I assume it was cheaper back then to only run two color rounds on the machines.
I colored my main piece, with Prisma color pencils.
I also lined the outer edge with red pencil to make it look more like the actual vintage cards!
The base card is cut from red card stock and I made it small as that's the way the real vintage cards were.

4 comments:

  1. great vintage feel, the pops of color are just right

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab effect! It really feels like an authentic vintage card with the selective colours and red base card. Great stamp too - I must check that out. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those vintage cards look fabulous and you've captured the same feel in your wonderful card. I love how just a selected part is coloured, and the font co-ordinates perfectly. We do prefer to see a little more white space on our entries at Less is More but otherwise your creation is perfect for our challenge this week.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VI realized you liked more open space but I just couldn't resist using this Victorian stamp that looked so much like the actual vintage cards!!! I'll be better next time...I promise!

      Delete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!