Saturday, October 1

It's a Sizzix Halloween...

and

 My "powder" and "focal point" for the challenges are the spider web in my card.
I used white card stock and ran it through the Bigkick with the embossing folder from a Sizzix Tim Holtz Halloween set I purchased at Michael's.
I used my Versamark pad to run over the tops of the web and then sprinkled Stamps n Stuff "plum pearl" embossing powder on it.
Yes, some of the ink make it behind the web but once it is heated and inked it kind of adds to the effect.
 After it was heated and cooled a bit, I took my sponge daubers and Distress inks "hickory smoke" & "dusty concord" to the front for a spooky look and wiped the image with a tissue afterward.
The base card is black card stock to which I added a purple Sizzix Tim Holtz brick wall embossed piece.
On another piece of white card stock I stamped one of the "Crazy Cats" from the Tim Holtz collection by Stampers Annonymous.
I colored him to make him a dark black cat with Distress "black soot" ink,then using the Sizzix Framelits that go with the "crazy cats" I die cut him out.
 Back to the Bigkick with the "trick or treat" thinlits from the Tim Holtz Halloween set and the Sizzix Tim Holtz "window & windowbox" die.
Using black card stock I cut these out. 
Now was the time I started putting all the pieces together to form the card you see above!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your card! The cat peeking through the window is awesome. Great design! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!