Tuesday, September 6

Dots or Dashes...

I found an embossing folder by Darice that allows me to do both!


I started with a white card stock base card and added black card stock layer.
I found an almost text weight paper that ran through the Cuttlebug with this great embossing folder by Darice that looks like a quilt but shows off dots and dashes.
Using Staz-On black I stamped the sewing machine from ODBD "A Time To Mend" onto white card stock and trimmed it out.
I layered it onto the front of the card with glue dots.
Next I stamped the verse from the same set with the same ink on white card stock and trimmed it into a rectangle.
Using my perforating  wheel for my paper trimmer I made more dashes on the verse card stock.
The layering of the black card stock behind it pop but it still needed something and I have one more mini button in my button stash that matched perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect for our challenge!! Love the embossed background along with the sewing machine image, sentiment and fun button embellishment! Thanks for sharing with us at the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge- hugs and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful use of the sentiment and sewing machine with the embossed background!! Perfect design and theme for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!! Thanks for joining us!!! Have a blessed evening and week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!