Saturday, February 6

Something I saw...

Day 6 is a bit of a different submission to the 

Somewhere in my searching the net I saw a person had used a stencil to ink with white dots on kraft card stock. Then they moved it slightly to the right and inked with another color.
I loved the effect so thought I'd give it a shot.
 In my stencils I ran across this stencil that is sticky on the back...
I was a bit afraid to use it in case it stuck TOO much to the card. But I gave it a try and it worked great. Because it was larger than my card front I put down a piece of scrap paper, then the card stock, then the stencil. It held the card stock wonderfully as I used a Tim Holtz shader and Colorbox white. I lifted it up moved it slightly and colored again using Distress Ink.
The texts are both Stampin' Up images.
Please take note. The card on the left is done with Colorbox white pigment ink under the blue. It gives a much softer and a bit harder to see effect.
The card on the right was done with the white Distress Ink marker and then the blue. I like that one better and I read somewhere that Tim Holtz has or is coming out with a pad of the white!

On to color more images! 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing your coloring for The Daily Marker 30 Day. Love both layouts. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool....love this stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!