Saturday, August 3

summer…


We have been struggling with the insects and animals this summer.
Hornets in the trees, baby raccoons finishing off my tomatoes and chipmunks tunneling next to the house and when it rains we get water “inside”!
So I decided to use  bee and a dog in my card for summer as these are NOT pests!
The main panel is water color paper stamped with images from Colorado Craft Company Anita Jeram “Bee You” & “Stay Curious”.
These I colored with Derwent Inktense pencils and water color pens.
Once dry I applied them to black card stock and then a yellow card stock base card.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from Colorado Craft Comapny Anita Jeram “Veggie Stack”.


2 comments:

  1. Oh what a summer you have had with pests... not the best. Love your card, a wonderful pairing of images for a fun result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take and back story on our theme of summer, Arlene! I am sorry about your pet situation. We have had carpenter bees and a squirrel that has been digging up my plants every day! Your card is so fun, and you surely have a way with those Inktense pencils! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!