Saturday, June 29

summer…


The inspiration photo may be what most people think of as Summer but in my neck of the woods this year my card is more true to life!
The base card is white card stock.
On more white card stock I stenciled Distress inks faded jeans and mermaid lagoon with Newton’s Nook Designs “Waves & Splashes Stencil”.
I flicked water on it and blotted it off.
This I backed with teal card stock tehn stamped the sentiments from Newton’s Nook Designs “Gull Friends”, “Newton’s Summer Treats” & “Newton’s Summer”.
To finsih I stamped the image from Newton’s Nook Designs “Gull Friends”, colored it with Copic markers and die cut it with the coordinating die before foam taping it to the card front.


5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful summer card! I love those seagulls, and your background is a setting for them! Always a pleasure to see your creativity at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so fun! It made me smile! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the background you made and all the sentiments! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and beautiful card, Arlene! I love the scene you created! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great use of the stencil for the background, and a wonderful result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!