Saturday, June 29

hello…


While standing in the big box home improvement store waiting for hubby, who always gets lost there, I started looking at the paint swatches for our bathroom.
Suddenly I thought about the Tic-Tac-Toe color challenge and called it up on my phone.
Then I looked that the swatches and found these…
Please keep in mind that the store has to pay for these from the company and I don’t suggest doing this to replace card stock but just once I wanted to match the challenges colors and try die cutting with the swatches.
The base card is white linen card stock.
I used more to emboss with the small embossing folder in the Tim Holtz Sidekick “Springtime” set.
Behind that I applied grey card stock.
With the swatches I matched the left hand column to make the hello and butterflies using the dies from the set.
I glued or taped everything to the card front.

AND…
the green might be my new bathroom color! 
I really like it!




7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty CAS design - love the butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on using the paint chips - I have a stash of those that I have picked up over the years from various hardware stores...
    I love your finished card, it is beautiful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely butterfly card, Arlene! I used paint chips for a Color Dare card years ago just for fun. Your choice of colors for this CAS design is so pretty. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture and simplicity of your card... beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your CAS card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the textures on this pretty CAS card. It's very elegant. (And I love the green, too! Any shade of sage green is a fave for me) Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely CAS card. Thanks for sharing with Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!