Sunday, September 3

tall oaks…


My favorite time for the trees is Autumn when they are at their most colorful.
But they could never get to that point if not planted first!
As our ash trees continue to die and fall we are planting more to replace them whenever we can.
The card, one layer, is kraft card stock.
On the card I stenciled the leaves using a Tim Holtz stencil and Distress mica spray with a foam dauber.
Once dry I stamped the trees from Penny Black “Snowy Village” with StazOn timber brown ink.
The sentiment from Verve Stamps “Tall Oaks” was stamped with the same ink and though you se the maple leaves frist look closely you can see the oak leaves as well.



2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Arlene. Autumn is coming fast, and I love the colors of this season best of all. Love your design. A fabulous one layer card! Perfect for our IBW challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Arlene. I really love how you have shown the trees and the autumn leaves...Absolutely Gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing with us at Time out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!