Thursday, April 27

she believed she could…


After winning a challenge here at Time Out Challenges I was asked to do a guest design spot for this “fashionable” challenge.
I had borrowed a friend’s Stampin’ Up Set to make a few cards and played with some backgrounds.
The base card is white linen card stock.
On water color paper I applied water then using a tea strainer and a Derwent Inktense blue pencils I shaved some color onto the water to create the watery look.
Once dry I stamped the sentiment (unknown company) and the image from Stampin’ Up’s “Beautiful You” stamp set. using StazOn jet black ink.
This I trimmed and applied to the base card.
I love the fashionable look of the lady and her umbrella!


7 comments:

  1. WOW, wow ,and wow again Arlene - this is stunning, and so elegant
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Arlene. I thought you had used Brushos or other powdered paint for your beautiful background, but using the pencils is a brilliant idea. I have to try that! I love the simplicity of this card, and it is perfect for our challenge. We are so happy to have you as Guest Designer for this challenge, and appreciate your support of our challenge. Thank your for creating with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene... Love the image and sentiment you paired...just perfect! Thank you so much for guesting with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply perfect for our challenge! I really love the artsy CAS feel this has. Your idea for adding color is brilliant! Thank you for being an inspiring GD a Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a perfect CAS card for our challenge, Arlene!! Thank you so much for guesting with us. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pencil shavings made a great rainy background for your fashionable image, Arlene. Thank you for being our guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very creative and Artsy! I love your fashionable girl and the fab sentiment! Thanks for being our GD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!