Saturday, May 21

shiny watercolor…


When I read this quote it reminded me of a Laurel Birch image that I had…so I used it!
The base card is black card stock with a layer of copper card stock from a DCWV paper pack.
Using more black card stock I die cut the sentiment using a die from Studio Light Essentials “Stencils” and glued it to the card front.
On water color paper I stamped the image from Stampendous Laurel Burch collection using Versamfine onyx black ink.
I watercolored it with Prima metallic accents watercolors…new to me!
This I trimmed out when dry and foam taped it to the card front.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really cool card. It caught my eye over at TIME OUT and I wanted to stop by to see it. Please know that you're most welcome to share your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'd love to have you share your art with us.
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I love everything about this card. The copper card stock was the perfect choice. The image is fabulous and your coloring is too. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Arlene - love the copper background layer and that stunning whimsical stamp and how you have coloured it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!