Sunday, May 22

Christmas carols…


I was listening to carols while I created this card.
It made me think of what colors might have actually been in the cloth that the holy family wore.
Dies would probably have been from leaves and wood which is why I went with the greens and browns!
The base card is white linen card stock.
Using more white linen card stock I die cut the square using a die from MFT Die-namics “Stitched Square STAX”.
After taping it to the card front I stamped the sentiment from Sunny Studios “Holiday Style” using Versafine onyx black ink.
Now on a thicker white card stock I stamped the images from Sunny Studios “Holy Night” using MFT extreme black hybrid ink and colored them with Copic markers.
Next I used my Scan and Cut machine to cut out the images.
I also cut the stable timbers with an craft knife.
These I applied to the square with foam tapes…that I had a bunch from leftover projects!

5 comments:

  1. Love this Arlene - and I think the 'earthy' colours are most realistic. A beautiful card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, but this is just too sweet! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card, thanks for playing at 52CCT colour challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful creation using the theme over at 52CCT. I love how you have put all the elements together. Thanks for playing along Arlene, I hope that you will create along with us again soon.

    Tracy B
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful nativity scene! I think you have judged the colors very well. Thank you so much for playing along with us at 52 CCT. Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!