Saturday, October 23

look what I found in my quilting supplies…


I ordered this wonderful stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called “Layered Santa Hats” and needed to use it right away.
On white card stock I stenciled the hats with Distress Oxide barn door and antique linen.
This I layered onto a white card stock base card that I had added black and red card stock.
With the “All About You” die from MFT Die-namics I cut out two black card stock sentiments and glued them together to the card front.
Now the quilt supply.
I am having issues hand quilting anymore and I had this quilt pounce tool that I had never used.
It usually has white chalk powder in it to pounce through a stencil onto a quilt that you then hand quilt.
I was about to donate it when I had an idea.
I filled it with cornstarch, that somewhere I had read could be used like anti-static powder.
This I rubbed onto the card stock before stamping with a sentiment from MFT Stamps “Itty Bitty Holiday” with Versamark ink.
I applied the white embossing powder.
It was great…first time ever I didn’t have to pick off bits of embossing powder.
Then I die cut the sentiment with the coordinating die and foam taped it to the card front.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!