Wednesday, September 22

when you can’t find what you want in a stamp…

and

Recently I purchased a set by Penny Black called “trust me builder” and the minute I showed it to my hubby he said I needed a grim reaper stamp.
So I went on the hunt and they are nowhere to be found unless they are cute.
On the Share Handmade Kindness Facebook page I asked for suggestions.
They reminded me about digital images on Etsy!
The base card is black card stock.
From Delicious Doodles on Etsy I found the perfect image, downloaded it and printed it to white card stock.
(Of course I paid for it first!)
Next I stamped the “Trust Me” sentiment from the Penny Black set using Memento tuxedo black ink then applied it to the base card.
On the inside of the base card I applied white card stock and stamped it with another sentiment from the set…






6 comments:

  1. What a great image! Perfect for the sentiment, your hubby was right! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME!!! Teri the Delicious Doodles artist is amazingly talented ... you'll want to check out her entire line of images. You have displayed this grim reaper perfectly! I LOVE IT!!! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE. Who knows, there might be a prize without reaching that goal! LOL

    Darlene
    TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is great!! I should purchase for my hubby's next birthday, he had a dream once of the grim reaper lol, I'll have to check it out, I am sure he would appreciate this from me...NOT lol!! Fabulous card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
    Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a striking card! I love the colours you used and the sentiment is so fitting! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVEEEEEEEEEEE this card! Thanks for joining us over at the Sept Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fab card, tried to find the image on etsy but can't seem to see it, do you have a link please.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!