Saturday, September 18

but wait, there’s more…


 The minute I saw this picture I knew what I wanted to do with the new Newton’s Nook Designs set that came in my order this week!

Here’s why…

I had not played with my Chibi lights in a long while and I wanted my pumpkin to light up like the picture.

I won’t try and teach you how to use Chibi lights as there are many YouTube videos that will do a much better job, so I will just explain the main card and what I used.
The base card is grey card stock with the corners rounded.
Next is a black card stock layer, where I placed my Chibi light, also corner rounded.
On white card stock I stamped the image from Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Pumpkin Patch” with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored it with Copic markers.
Using a ZIG millennium09 marker I drew faces on all the pumpkins.
This entire piece I cut out and applied over the light using foam tape.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Boo-tiful Night” set with Versamark ink and heat set it with white embossing powder.
This I also trimmed around with scissors and then glued to the card front.



4 comments:

  1. Eeek! I love how you added faces to the pumpkins to make this a Jack-o-lantern patch! Very clever! Then you lit one up! Wonderfully done! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so awesome!! I love that you drew faces on the pumpkins, and the light is so cool! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cool idea for a card. I like the way that you added on the faces and you made it light up. Thanks for linking to the inky paws challenge.
    Hugs
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever card! Love the light bright feature! Thanks for getting your spooky on at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!